Thursday, May 8, 2008
Observation 2 (05/05/08)
Observation 2: My Cache Creek observation area was at a tempurature of 51 degrees F at the time of 6:56 P.M. on May 5, 2008. The weather was sunny with a few scattered clouds but no rain or precipitation clouds seemed present. There was a slight breeze coming from the south-east. The soil conditions still seemed extremely marshy and wet near and around Cache Creek. I observed minimal fauna in my area. Birds chirped, but stayed hidden from view so I am not sure of what species this bird was. Chipmunks or squirrel chittered in numerous tree tops. I observed several mounds of moose or elk scat. There was also some type of omnivour or carnivour scat near the stream. Most of the scat appears near or around the stream. There seems to be a sufficiant amount of food sources for a variety of populations. The willows seem to provide food for moose and shelter for birds and their nests. Hopefully I will be able to watch some of these animals and their interactions soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good description of the area, but be careful of starting multiple sentence with "the" as it takes away from the sophistication of your writing! I think focusing on the interactions between organisms in the future is a great idea!
Post a Comment